ABSTRACT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
- All abstracts must be written in English and submitted through the online abstract submission system. (Abstracts submitted by fax or email will not be accepted.)
- Each participant can submit one abstract only.
- Abstracts must be original and have not been published or presented at any other prior conferences.
- All details of the abstract submission must be completed.
- The abstract title must not exceed 20 words. The title should be brief, in capital letters, and should give a clear indication of the exact nature of the research and refer to the actual content of the abstract. Do not use abbreviations in the title.
- The abstract should contain approximately 250 words.
- Abstract should be structured as follows:
- No pictures or graphs should be included in the abstract.
- No changes can be made to an abstract after the deadline of submission.
- Accepted abstracts will be included in the program only after the registration fee is paid.
Novel and innovative technologies
Other arboviral diseases
Other bacterial infections
Scrub typhus and rickettsia
TYPES OF PRESENTATION
The type of presentation for each presenter will be determined based on the quality of their submitted abstract.
1. Oral Presentation
- Oral presenters are requested to pre-record their presentation. Further details and instructions for oral presentation will be announced later on.
- Presenters must be online to answer questions from the audience live.
2. E-Poster Presentation
- E-poster presenters are requested to prepare an e-Poster in A4 size (210 mm Width × 297 mm Height) in portrait format. The e-poster should be submitted either in a PDF or JPG file type via email [email protected]
- E-poster presenters are allocated 3-5 minutes to virtually present their poster. Please pre-record your presentation and email the link to your video file to [email protected].
- Further details and instructions for e-poster presentation will be announced later on.
3. CONFERENCE AWARD
The Faculty of Tropical Medicine will provide Conference Awards to deserving applicants to allow them to attend or present their work at JITMM Virtual 2020 and to meet and learn from other international researchers through the online meeting platform.
Who are eligible?
- Early-career researchers (graduate and post-graduate level up to 8 years post-PhD)
- Researchers from low and middle-income countries (LMICs), as defined by World Bank
- Students (currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program)
- Create an account
- For those who want to present, submit your abstract. Select ‘Conference Award’ as the type of presentation
- For those who want to attend only, submit via email a 300 word essay explaining why you want to attend the virtual conference and why you are deserving of the award.
- Submit the following required documents via email to [email protected]
- For early-career researchers- a copy of graduation certificate or a proof that you graduated with a M.Sc., Ph.D. or MD. within the last 8 years
- For researchers from LMICs- a letter of support from your organization or institution (signed and on organizational letterhead)
- For students- a letter from your institute to prove your student status
- Awardees will be selected based on the quality and relevance of their submitted abstract or essay
- Selection will be carried out by the JITMM Scientific Committee
- Waived registration for all two days of JITMM Virtual 2020
- Application Deadline – 30th September 2020
- Notice of Award – 15th October 2020
Responsibilities of Awardees
- Delivery of an oral or e-poster presentation based on the submitted abstract (for presenters)
- Attendance of the full 2 days of JITMM Virtual 2020
- Submission of a brief (1 page) conference-report highlighting your experience attending or presenting at JITMM Virtual 2020. Submission deadline is 10 January 2021.
Contact [email protected] if you have any additional queries